Friday 13 March 2015

Middleton Beach

Middleton Beach stretches for miles
Waves crashing upon the turbulent shore
White sands that fade in the distance
To the south is Granite Island and The Bluff
To the north I cannot see for the mists
Those water sprays lifted up into the skies
Like misty fog or salty spray: on this day
All I hear are the waves: the constant din
Yes those waves keep on coming in
There is no respite: no ceasing
It just continues on: un-abating
No surfers here today: a few stragglers
Walking with their dogs: a few seagulls
It feels as if I be the last person alive
Stranded upon a desert island: no recourse
No company for me: but I am a solitary being
This has been my way for many months
I must admit I have preferred this natural company
Yes it has been: just my Lord and me and the sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment