Thursday 26 March 2015

Parkour

I heard my grandson: say things
Words that have no meaning to me
I guess it means I'm getting older
I guess he's growing up but
Still I wonder at this life

So "parkour" is a way of life
Action packed: they never lack
Momentum: attention focused
Upon the track they find
Up a building; over the edge
Climbing quickly up a ledge

Then I see the others: oh no
They shouldn't really do these things
But I guess they simply "Have to"
Those epic fails on U-Tube
Those moments: we watch: we cringe
So many try to copy them
But oh the problems: unhinged
They tumble: they fall: for what?
To show they are able: to show they can!

Oh the pain that is delivered
The shame: caught on film
But they love to laugh the loudest
Those who simply cannot resist
The temptation: the rush: the blush
They catapult over the ledges
They jump over obstacles
But sometimes they really miss
Crushing all of their bits: their ...

What is it with today's youths?
Why do they have to stumble in?
Following everyone else's turn
They fall: wallow in pain: unimaginable!

No comments:

Post a Comment