Friday 13 March 2015

Swimming at Horseshoe Bay

We took a drive to Horseshoe Bay
Along the coast from Middleton
Just up the Port Elliott Road
Yes: just a little distance it's true
The weather was fantastic
The company divine: good friends
We arrived before the majority
It was peaceful: quiet: serene
The rocks called out to me
From those crystal blue waters
So beautiful and blue: it's true
The day was glorious: 30 degrees
So as I waded out and took my swim
It was such a pleasure: truly picturesque
I started swimming easily: toward those rocks
It didn't seem too far away until
I got closer to the edge of the bay
But by then I was not gong to turn around
For I had found my breath and swam along
Though peaceful and serene at first
It seemed to take forever to get to the Rocks
I swam toward them: touched the first
Decided not to chance a climb: to wave
Headed back toward the shore: what a chore
I had swam much further than I truly thought 
But I aimed for the bright buoys halfway back
Or so I thought...I hesitated just one minute
Then took a deep breath: said: "Get on with it!"
So I swam and swam until I reached those buoys
Held onto that slimy rope just for a little while
Then checked my return trajectory
Headed back toward that white sandy beach
Though it looked like I had a long way to go
It took less time than I would have assumed
I got closer and closer and my heart was full
Finally I got close enough to see a friendly face
And then as I relaxed and headed out 
I was thrilled that I had exercised so well
And of course I lived this tale to tell!



No comments:

Post a Comment