Monday 30 March 2015

Birthday surprise

It's my birthday today
So I was sleeping in
Didn't know that I was in
For a rude awakening
My daughter, grandkids too
Came to welcome in my day
With a piece of chocolate cake
Came to sing "Happy Birthday"
Candle already glowing
Ready for a blowing
Then Kachirii ran on past
She was so very fast
Jumped up on top of me
Woke me up in a frenzy
I was struggling to get her...
That great big dog: off of me...
I woke up cursing at that dog
I guess I was in for a shock
For as I landed on the floor
On top of said crazy dog
What is more: then I saw
Their faces: all waiting to see
Just what my reaction would be...
I started laughing like a loon
The stupidity of it all: after my fall
Sitting on top of the dog
Role reversal: oh what glee
Me on top of that dog: silly
We all laughed at the absurdity
Vanessa laughingly told me
How funny I looked: legs a whirl
As I tumbled out of bed
She was really hoping I was fine
Oh it was so truly funny you see
If only she had had a camera
Switched on to film it all
Could have won the major prize
On "Funniest Home Video"

What a wonderful way to start the day
On this my fifty eighth birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment