Monday 23 March 2015

Twangers: headaches

When the headache from hell implodes
When pain becomes unbearable
She comes to me to save her soul
Begs me for release: her only goal
Those twangers are just everywhere
Like massive rubber bands: stretched
All throughout her head and in her hair
They tighten just like a tourniquet
Around and around they twist and tear
The tears they come...cannot be dammed
As pain radiates and seeks to jam
I call them twangers because they seem
To stretch and move and come alive
As my fingers follow those painful routes
I feel them shift and bulge and then
As they finally relax just a little bit
It's like the pain has moved along again 
So I follow after: chase those centred pieces
My thumbs massage: my finger tips 
Feel as I move along their lengths of pain
Chase those tendrils deep in again
It's like they are alive and have to escape
They try to run away but I chase them down 
Until at last there is peace again
And as my hands demand a rest 
I feel we have been truly blessed 
For we have conquered: we have won
Until the time when those twangers dance 
Then we have to do it all again
The dance of life is never quite the same
But heroes come to take on the pain
Thank you Lord for these strong hands...

No comments:

Post a Comment