Monday 9 March 2015

Saved by my angel

Driving along the winding hilly road
Heading back to the city: heading home
Suddenly an angel grabbed my arm
Held firmly within that tingling grasp
I said: "What's the matter, what is wrong?"
Repeated those same words over and over
Like a prayer...like a song...
I slowed right down as she told me to
I was just a little scared: I'm telling you!
Suddenly I realised: suddenly I knew
There was trouble up ahead: I could not see
Something dangerous: ahead for me...
I slowed right to 80 kilometres per hour
Watched in amazement as a huge truck
Roared around the corner on the narrow bridge
Taking up most of that road: yes everything!
If I had been but a few hundred metres
Yes: just a little further ahead...
It could have been the end of me
Yes: I could have been dead...
Thank you my dearest Lord for saving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment