Sunday 1 March 2015

You left me when I needed you

The terror in a child's heart
As you walked out that door
Pain that remained within
Never to be forgotten: no more
"You left me, when I needed you!"

The fear within a child's head
As you yelled and screamed 
Panic that stayed within: hiding
Never to see the light of day: no way
"You left me, when I needed you!"

The pain within a child's soul
As you abandoned him to tears
Ignored his pleas: played upon his fears
Never to emerge: sing a funeral dirge
"You left me, when I needed you!"

Many years will pass along life's trail
Though he's grown up now: somehow
Those niggling things: hidden within
Bricked up behind those walls: will fall
They explode; something breaks: it leaks

A lifetime later on; within that black hole
That deepest abyss: black as night
A tiny spark is all it takes: earthquakes
A frisson of pain escapes: ah distaste
It shatters; decodes: all explodes: outward

That little child of long ago
Emerges: uncoils from within
That man you see before you
Changes shape: a tiny voice escapes
"You left me, when I needed you!"







1 comment:

  1. We all have something to hide...that pain that stays with you all your life though you tuck it away...never to see the light of day...until something triggers that pain...a spark is all it takes...and then nothing can stop the tide...

    ReplyDelete