Tuesday 17 March 2015

Ten things

Remembering Heath Ledger in
"Ten things I hate about you"
The poetry that comes to mind
The lists of things about love that rhyme
Well this is the list that comes to me
About my love and how it came to be
I asked the universe to provide
A love unlike any other that is true
I said "Please would it be too much?
If I could feel a lover's touch..."
Is it that difficult to find a love?
Who comes from heaven up above?
I asked for sunshine in his smile
And maybe even some happiness
Yes please; let us be truly blessed
A companion to see out my latter years
Someone to hold my hand...
Someone with whom to share my joys
Someone to calm my fears...
Someone who could maybe: wipe away my tears
Someone musical I did also request
Ah then would I feel truly blessed
A man who loves his Lord just like I do
Is this how to find a love that's true?
A man who calms little children's fears
A man who loves animals just the same
Someone who sees me just as I am
Ah dear Lord: is there such a man?
Yes these things I asked of you...

No comments:

Post a Comment