Thursday 26 March 2015

River of bitterness

Bright lights, big city
You set this life on fire
But though He loved brightness
It was darkness won the hour

The battle was lifelong
The pain never went away
But though I sought to deliver
Dragged still into that dread river

River of bitterness: 
Though I called: it demanded his soul
So was he tossed and turned
So was he loved: but spurned
The light...

It was too bright: too bright
That blessed river of light
He turned his back
Soon showed his lack: of faith
It was all too much
His poor life and such
It would never
Could never be the same...

Dragged down by his past
I tried to uphold him
But it could not last...
He was drawn to the darkness
He was ever under it's control
So: though I battled...
It was up to him: he decided
Whom he would allow control...

So he was dragged down
Through that river of bitterness
It condemned him to hell
I fought for him: but it was never
No: it was never ever
In my control...

Your life is your own
I have no power to condemn
I have no power to control
It's all up to you 
You must choose your master
You must choose for your soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment