Thursday 10 September 2015

Cat trapped

Heard a terrible thumping noise
The dog went crazy every time
Sounded like the neighbour was
Deliberately teasing our big dog
I stopped to listen, waiting to hear
But every time I went outside
It was so quiet: turned, went inside again
Finally I sent a message to my girl
"Honey I keep hearing thumping
Don't know what to do: I'm asking you
Help me find out what's going on"
She listened and heard the meowing
Recognised it was our cat "Chino"
He'd been climbing on the water tanks
Slipped and fell between them all
Now he was trapped down there
No escape for him without a prayer
Vanessa climbed up on top: looking down
Calling out to him: "come here mate"
Brought a blanket to use as a ladder
Just took a few minutes for him to get it
And he was up the top meowing
"Thanks for getting me out of there!"




No comments:

Post a Comment