Sunday 13 September 2015

Hughie's 3rd Birthday party

Found a little note in my diary
Hughie's 3rd birthday party...
On the 6th of January in 1982
It was held at Auntie Betty's place
In Kingston-on-Murray that's true
Mum and dad and I went...
Tim went to Adelaide that day
Debbie was there and sister Kerry too
Kerry had a boyfriend called Rod back then
Laurie and Clare were there as well
Obviously: Hugh was their grandson too!
If I remember correctly: Nana Drogemuller
Was still around to join the celebrations
Bodie was their little dog: Hughie's little friend
They ran around, had heaps of fun
Enjoying all the attention that was showered
Upon that little birthday boy...

Beautiful to remember that blessed day

Now I recall Pop Drogemuller too
Thin and wizened as he was...
Sitting in his easy chair...
His precious little whippet dog
They looked very much alike: those two
Thin and tall and gangling
All arms and legs as I recall
But the date is a mystery
That I cannot recall at all...





No comments:

Post a Comment