Wednesday 9 September 2015

Goodbye Rick Springfield

Sorted through my box of old books
Found so many pictures of my teen crush
I look back and can't believe how much
Time and money I must have spent back then
Buying magazines and pasting his pics
Into scrapbooks: I suppose they are...
Rick Springfield  pictures everywhere
I was just about to dump them all
Toss them into that rubbish bin...
As I turned to do just that I saw a few
Drawings I had done of you...my crush
Wow I thought: they're not too bad
Maybe I should share those drawings
I did: posted them to facebook I'm glad
They brought back many memories too
Of younger days when I adored you
But now it's time to say goodbye...
So: goodbye Rick Springfield!
I loved you once upon a time
Now I guess it finally is time
To let go of the past's frivolous stuff
Teenager: no longer am I
So its goodbye Rick...goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment