Sunday 13 September 2015

I am afraid

Lately I am feeling so sad and depressed
Struggling to find peace and happiness
So many things are suddenly getting me down
I am struggling to smile and not frown
The days drag by like snails climbing up a hill
An uphill battle every day: try as I will
To place a smile upon my face
I look in the mirror and feel: ill at ease
I pray constantly for comfort and peace
And yet it returns many times each day
To drown me in this smothering grey
It is a constant battle going on inside
It only disappears after I kneel down and pray
Ah Lord I am lost in this constant misery
It is only with you beside me when I pray
That I can even dream of better days
So wrap me up within your loving arms
Hold me close: keep me safe from harm
Without you Lord I am afraid...
I feel I am nothing worthwhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment