Thursday 17 September 2015

Praying for strength

Lately each day has been difficult
Every morning it has been a chore
Just to get out of my bed...
Just to put my feet upon the floor
Each day I ask of God
"Please dear Lord
Let me of your strength borrow
Please help me cope this day
Help me chase away this sorrow"
The battle has been raging
Here inside my poor old head
Satan has tried to engage me
Tried to drag me down again
I pray in earnest: pray unceasingly
I beg forgiveness from my Lord
I ask and He delivers my needs
I cling to His every promised word
It is only through His intercession
It is only through His aid
That I can remain standing
In this age old battle campaign
It is only with His blessed angels
Surrounding me in my time of need
That I am brought closer to salvation
Through Jesus' precious saving grace
It was for our sins my Lord did bleed



No comments:

Post a Comment