Wednesday 9 September 2015

New day Beckons

There's a new day here again: welcome sun
The earth rotates as she has always done...
Birds serenade the day: happy for another one
Life goes on around us: it doesn't wait for some
One foot in front of the other: come on chum
Some days I want to hibernate: stay snuggled up
In my nice warm bed: don't want to even get up
But the world beckons: makes a face: come on
So here we go for another round: another bout
It's like I'm in a boxing ring: stuck in my corner
Am I afraid to face these days: to venture out
Feeling less than happy: feeling less than glad
Is this what depression is all about: I'd forgotten
Yes: forgotten it's sad face: sad thoughts too
Oh Lord I don't want to feel like this...
It's on these day that I must pray: even more so
For I need thy comforter to lift me up
I need you my dear sweet Lord like never before
Please come into this heart and mind
Please give me of thy strength divine
Just enough to help these hours pass on by
On prayers and thy blessed love I do rely

No comments:

Post a Comment