Tuesday 29 September 2015

Not my will but thine

My struggle has been lifelong
My battles hard fought: all along
My heart has been filled with pain
Felt lost as well as despairing but
Though Satan tried to take me down
I refused to give in to his evil wiles
He goes about as a roaring lion
Seeking to devour us: hates us all
So there is only one thing I can do
I surrender up my will to Jesus
To Him will I give everything: my all
Though struggling to accept this calling
I now know it is imperative to admit
I have been stubborn, full of pride
I have lost my way: given in to sin
I ask forgiveness of Him: my saviour
I ask my dear Lord to bring me in
Not my will but Thine my Lord
Let it be as you would deem fit
I am nothing in this whole scheme of things
I am useless without you in my life
Please forgive me my dearest Lord
I humble myself before your will
Only love me please my dearest Lord
Grant me peace and comfort me
Forgive my stubborn foolish pride
In seeking to do my own will
I am weak without you
I am but a grain of sand upon the shore
Let it be as you have designed
This special life you have given unto me

No comments:

Post a Comment