Wednesday 16 September 2015

I surrender up my heart and soul

I surrendered up my heart and soul
Allowed him to come take sole control
I offered up all that was alive in me
Knowing that it must be given freely
He asks it of us: demands our love
He made us in His image: up above
Heavenly Father I am not worthy I vow
For I am nothing more than dust I trow
Until you gave me your blessing of life
I was but dust: was but a lifeless thing
You have sacrificed your blessed son
Gave him to us on earth as our king
Through Him we are to come unto you
Without His blessed intervention
Without His precious deep red blood...
We are lost beside the wayside...
We are drowning in this sinful flood
Jesus came to be our sacrificial lamb
To take our place upon the painful cross
Without Him we were doomed to die
But now we are redeemed: I tell no lie
He took upon His blessed heart: our sins
That we might be cleansed...
By His precious redeeming blood
His gift of white raiment to cover our sins
Clothed in this garment: we may enter in...

No comments:

Post a Comment