Monday 7 September 2015

Who can I turn to?

Who can I turn to?
When I need a hug?
Who would consider me?
Find me worth the trouble...
All I lack is a human touch
Is that asking way too much?
Don't want anything else...
Just a cuddle now and then
Someone to ask me how I've been...
Someone to enfold me in their arms
Someone to keep me safe from harm
Don't need a permanent crutch...
Just a little understanding would do
Maybe a quiet word or two
To let me know I am still alive
To save me from feeling paralysed
Yes, I wear a widow's weave...
Maybe not externally: but here inside
I struggle to stem that awful tide...
Although I know I am not alone
Still it hurts to feel so deserted...
Bereft of physical contact...
These simple things I lack...
A soft kiss, a warm embrace...
A message from the human race
That I am still in the land of the living...
That I am worth a little loving...

So many lonely people today still live
Trying desperately to thrive...
Running on empty; running dry
In need of some kindness and love
A friendly face, a listening ear
Where is that necessary kindness dear?
Don't we all just want someone to come along?
To lift us up where we belong...
Among this human race that hides its face
From the homeless, the weak, the sick

Shame on all who ignore the weak and ill
Shame on all who give not to the poor
Shame on all who think to shirk their bill
Shame on all who refuse to open their door

Dear Jesus said that if we were to do these things
To any of our fellow man: it would be

As we had done it just for Him

No comments:

Post a Comment