Wednesday 9 September 2015

Spring cleaning my life

Got the spring cleaning bug
Want to sort and toss some stuff
Too long have I held on: way too tight!
To memories no longer bright
So as I sort and look around
I have decided to clear out as well
So out goes that dress my mother made
Pretty flowers in that summer shade
Out goes my bridesmaid's dress too
I was 12 years old when I got you
Out goes the Blythe Spirit Costume too
Funny how I also found the play's script today
I still recall the picture I drew for my teacher
Describing a dress I: as the ghost should wear
My auntie Martha made it for me you know
Oh that was so many long years ago
Pale grey long dress: long draped sleeves
Floating ethereal: ghostly perfect for the part...
My collection of books just collects dust
So I've decided they have to go: a must
Lighten the load: clean up my act
I have too much stuff: that's a fact!
So thank you spring for coming along
It's about time I got moving...
Winter is over and done...cleaning here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment