Wednesday 23 September 2015

The darkness has lifted

Praise the Lord for my darkness has lifted
Maybe just a little bit but I truly feel gifted
It's like I have finally been heard at last
For the darkness that I was drowning in
Has shifted just enough for me to see a light
Though dim and still slightly dull it seems
Angels of the Lord came: brought me in
That sliver of hope has eased my struggles
I have been wallowing in here for so long
I battled daily with that evil one: he was strong
But I grappled with all the sadness he implied
Resisted those words he flung at me: he lied
I could surely see the way he was dragging me
Downward to damnation: downward to his hell
I called upon my dearest Lord: prayed unceasingly
There I found my salvation: my peace: before I fell





No comments:

Post a Comment