Thursday 17 October 2013

A dream of tigers

It's funny how you dream of strange things
When you are not feeling well: tigers of all things!
In my dream we had several pet tigers
Of various ages & sizes at our home
I remember climbing up onto our roof 
Those tigers could jump up there beside me
We lived in a huge circus tent-like structure
We played together every day & I was unafraid!
We were great mates: had grown up together!
What an amazing life we led in that dream!
Then one day our pets were no longer happy
I was afraid for the first time then: worried!
What if someone gets hurt? What if they kill someone?
My fears became irrational for anyone around!
My pets ran off one day: into the wilderness!
Into the streets of my country town!
I couldn't find my mum! Where was she? 
What happened to her? Was she gone forever?
Then I saw her running back towards me!
I was so happy to see her; until I saw her being followed
By one of our pets: being stalked for prey!
I had to stand up to my pets & tell them to stop!
No misbehaving here! You'll behave yourself!
They settled down then & all was well!
They left because of that call of the wild: love!
Yes: love beckoned them & they went to find a mate!
They were so relaxed upon returning! Happy & satisfied!
I was just very, very relieved! All was well in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment