Friday 18 October 2013

Sleepwalker sleeptalker

When I was a little girl I was scared of all the world
My life was so insular: so boring compared to now
Some things were easy: some were very much less: somehow!
Sleepwalking around the house from time to time!
I couldn't remember what I'd done during those slumbering hours!
Once I remember struggling with the blankets from off my bed
Trying to stuff them into my cupboard: pushing for all I was worth!
Isn't it funny how little memories just set you off!
Bringing back time to many long years past!
That's what just happened a few minutes ago
I still recall mum laughing at my seriousness
Determined to get those blankets in that little cupboard!
What made me try it is the first place: that I cannot tell!
This I do know: I'm not the only one to walk around
Having conversations whilst fast asleep within my dreams
Poor Michael, Shelley & even Vanessa follow in their mother's tracks
Doing things & saying stuff they probably won't want me to tell!
Michael was a real wanderer during his night time trips
Thought he was going to head off & do: stuff he was supposed to: in the loo!
He slept so deeply: couldn't wake him if you tried!
He had to go there but of course he was really way off-side!
Shelley would have conversations with her dad while fast asleep
He said to her one night as she appeared: "Hello darling, how are you?"
She just looked at him & said "shut up!"
I often  wonder what was happening to her that dream-filled night?
Vanessa really upset me one day long years ago:
I asked her how she was & she replied: "Buzz off!" in surly guise
A little later she came into the kitchen full of life
Wondering why I was not very nice to her: what had she done?
Boy did she profusely then apologise: "I'm sorry mum I was asleep!"
I didn't mean to say any of those nasty words to you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment