Wednesday 9 October 2013

Hot angry wind

Today there was a hot wind a blowing
We had 30 degrees centigrade
I couldn't seem to cope: it was so hot
So unusual for this time of year
After all of our crazy up & down weather!
You've heard of hot angry winds 
That unsettle everyone: this was it!
Hot & muggy: heavy weather for sure
I was so uncomfortable: searching for a cure
Had to change out of my jeans
Bought a summery skirt; light & cooling
Finally felt a little better but I was not happy
It was like a pall hanging over me!
I was angry at the world: venting my spleen
My poor son had to put up with my rantings
But at least he understood why I felt like this
He was driving today: my grown up son
No longer my little child: a man now!
Soon he will escape out into that big world
And I will have to cope & face this world alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment