Monday 28 October 2013

Leave me alone

Do you ever look around and think
There are so many people who think
That they have the right to do their stuff
Without a care for anyone else
So many thoughtless people; striding out
Filling our ears with so much rubbish: endless dross
So much stuff we do not even want
I'm sick of people who think they own everything!
All this belongs to God not us
We are on borrowed time: every moment is a gift 
Why waste time on meaningless drivel?
When time is of the essence for us all!
I'm sick of companies ringing up
Trying to sell off their endless crap
I don't want to hear that recorded voice
I don't want to hear telemarketers selling stuff
I want some peace and quiet for a change
I want to be alone to live my life without judgement
Leave me alone! I understand how 
Michael Jackson must have felt: or even Greta Garbo!
Stop ringing me up with your computer cons
Stop pestering us all with your useless this & that!
What ever happened to "Don't call me: I'll call you!"
What ever happened to manners and respecting people's will?
What ever happened to allowing people to do their own thing?
What is going on when we have no peace and quiet?
So much rubbish pumped into our brains every day
Subliminal message telling us how to behave!
Where are the consciences in this mess of life?
How do we get into so much blooming strife?
Back off and let me have my peace and quiet
I want to concentrate on God's will not yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment