Wednesday 30 October 2013

Ride on mower

Got a new ride on mower the other day
It's a real beauty I must say
It's got the guts to cut through every thing

The grass was high: I'll tell you why!
Our last poor mower died from overuse
I know that's no excuse: it was wonderful while it lasted!
Here in the Aussie bush: the weeds are so lush
Especially after a bit of rain: that's right it's such a pain!
The weeds don't care if they are wanted or not
They just give it all they've got: they grow like...weeds!
The grass around the house was just grouse
Until it dried off a bit: then it was a fire hazard! 
With all the trouble interstate: massive bush fires everywhere
I just couldn't let it linger there: snakes about as well
Those critters sneak around seeking a bit of shade
Even getting into your very house: if you let them!
So now the weed patch is cut: can't call it a lawn
That would be lying: what a terrible mess it was
Now it is gone: cut to shreds: yes it's gone at last
Long grass is in the past: now I celebrate! Yay!
I can finally do the much needed washing
No clouds at all to speak of: just endless blue above
My sheets & blankets flapping in the breeze
Finally I can start this spring cleaning
Yes I say this with feeling: hurray for the new mower!



No comments:

Post a Comment