Tuesday 29 October 2013

Dirty old man

He's becoming a dirty old man
Doesn't care about his hygiene
Doesn't care about his clothes
He just wants to sit & be miserable
He just wants to wallow in his filth
What ever happened to that kind man?
The one who used to care about his family!
The one who used to care about everyone!
He's lost somewhere: he's sinking fast
Don't even know if he's going to last!
What happened to that loving family man?
Where has he gone? Where is he now?
I guess he doesn't really care any more?
That's what has happened: he's lost in space
He's become so miserly; so nasty & so crass
He doesn't really care much for sweetness
He just likes to make rude comments
Make others uncomfortable in their own skin
He doesn't even care for his own kith & kin
Regretable as it is: I don't think I like this thing 
That he has become but what can I do?
Pray for him in his misery: for Lord knows
I can't cope with his miserable company!
His negativity knows no bounds: he is a slob
Watches depressing stuff about world wars
About murderers & nastiness every single day
That's why I am concerned about his life
All I can do is pray! Pray that he comes to his senses
Pray that he might eventually see
That life is worth living: faith is worth giving and really 
That family is worth more than money any day!

2 comments:

  1. I see a lot of this kind of men in my city. Most of them are addicted from alcohol.
    Alcoholism is there very big problem.
    Greetings from also windy south Poland! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is becoming a dirty old man though he is not really old at 58! I ask him to wash but he doesn't care about keeping clean: he smokes & is covered in ash but that is his choice: I cannot live his life for him! Greetings from sunny Australia: today it is quiet & sunny! Tomorrow who knows what it will be like!

    ReplyDelete