Tuesday 8 October 2013

Visit to Berri for the Labour Day Long Weekend

We had a wonderful visit with my parents for Labour Day Weekend
Took the grand-kids to see their great grandparents & gruncle (great uncle)
Evaleah is almost 3 weeks old: she was much admired!
Though exhausting: we all had a wonderful time!
As usual the boys couldn't wait to visit the kids next door
Even Zac was at the fence calling out: "hey guys come & play!"
We've all been waiting for this visit for ages!
The last school holidays: we couldn't go because everyone was sick!
It was so good to see my mum & dad & brother too!
I love my mum's home cooking: always yummy & delicious!
Dad loves playing cards with us: gruncle too!
We play "500" & everyone has a turn at being dealer
I don't understand how come they get so upset with each other?
I don't care who dealt last or who won? It's just a game to me!
I just want to have some fun! I just want to have a laugh!

I just want to tease them both & try to keep the peace!
Last time we went: we asked my mum why she doesn't play?
We soon found out: dad gets upset with mum because she always wins!
So there we were as usual: playing cards while mum read her book!
Mel next door had to have a hold of Evaleah for a few times!
New babies are always so wonderful to get to hold!
It is such a wonderful miracle when a precious new life
Is right there in your arms: those little fingers & toes
That cute little button nose: those soft rosy cheeks
Tinged with sleep as she makes those sweet little noises!
Thank you dear Lord for keeping us safe as we travelled!

No comments:

Post a Comment