Wednesday 16 July 2014

Crying these tears for you

I've been crying
I'm not lying
The tears are coming
Quicker than they're drying
They slip down my face
I feel like I'm displaced
But truly I don't care
What you're thinking
It's my life and I'll live it
Just like God gives it
It's nobody's place
To call me a disgrace
I'm in mourning
I'm still grieving
Don't know just how long
It will take me
Never been here in this place
Ever before: don't want it
Don't like it anyhow
But this is where I am now
Just gotta get on I know
Just want to get up I vow
I need a little time
To take my time
To get up and smile
I know that all the while
My heart is healing
Can't fight this feeling
Of sadness some days
I guess I'm only human
Some days I can't even stand
Just want to wallow
In my own self pity
Yeah I know it's silly but
I'll get over it: soon enough
I'm sometimes tough
I'm sometimes weak
As a little kitten
When I've bitten 
Off more than I can chew
But you know me
I'll get up and show ye
I may be down
But I'm not yet out!


No comments:

Post a Comment