Wednesday 30 July 2014

Photographs

Found 8 rolls of undeveloped film
Whilst going through all my stuff
Wondering what I will find in there
When I finally get them back
They were all dusty and neglected
How long they've been waiting there?
I really cannot tell but I am unsure
Just what memories they will resurrect

Got that phone call just to let me know
The photographs are all developed now
So I rushed over to collect them
Had to see: curiosity got the better of me!
They were all from many years ago
Over ten long years in actual fact
Some of Shelley and her school friends
Others from the church camp at Macclesfield
Nana Lindy and Aunt Imelda at Lourdes Valley
Simone when she was just a little girl of four
Manuel and Violeta at their home before the fence
And Face painting at the Swan Reach show!
I was dreading that I'd find some of Tim
Wondering if I'd cope if that was the score?
Sedan home surrounded by those flowers
A birthday bouquet that Tim bought for me
Many photographs: full of so much more
I was taken back over ten long tears
Those memories flooded back into my brain
The pain of missing you: flooding back again
Vanessa and I cried a few tears as we talked
About those memories we shared this night
We had to think about your loss my love
We cried again just thinking of you Tim
For though the time is passing slowly on
We still can't believe that you are truly gone!

1 comment:

  1. It was exciting to find some films because I wanted to see if there were good memories to find there...it was also sad to find some of my husband Tim because he is now gone from us...

    ReplyDelete