Tuesday 1 July 2014

Memorial

I went to the memorial store
Had to do something
Yes had to do something more
I'd left it as long as I could
Now I must get on with it
Get up and try to move again
It's been a long time it seems
And yet in reality it's only been 
Four short months: dragged along
In life's stony grip: I've been lost
At sea it seems to me: tossed 
But now I've found my feet
They were underneath me
But sadness had made me slip
Into depression: no denying it!

Now the order has been placed
Time to get up to date at last
My own kids thought I was mad
Wanting to hang onto him
Their dad: well his ashes at least
Some might think it strange but
I just wasn't ready to set him down
Wanted to hang onto his ashes
Wanted to keep him around
Why should I give in to others?
He was my husband not theirs
Shouldn't it be up to me: not them?
I spent more than half my life with him
It was my choice of venue for the funeral
My choice too where I want him to reside!



No comments:

Post a Comment