Tuesday 1 July 2014

The Bogey man

My Uncle used to try to frighten us
Telling us all creepy tales: scary tales
He was always telling gory stories
These were definitely not fairy tales
All about crazy scary monsters
Yes nasty types everywhere
Ready to jump out and get you
No matter where you were!
He told of smacking machines
He told of monsters in the cupboards
Monsters sneaking around us
He said they'd get the naughty children
He said they'd crunch our bones
It didn't matter what we did
Those monsters would just come along

My cousins were a lot older than me but
There is one thing I clearly recall
My big cousins were afraid of the dark
Yes they were absolutely terrified
Their mean old dad had them cringing
Had them shaking in their boots
He had them totally under his mean old thumb
They could not go out to get the water
They were too scared to move an inch
So little me offered to take them
Outside for to get some water to fetch
I held out my hand and said to them
"Hold my hand I will take you there!"
You see I wasn't frightened of any of
Those old monsters he said were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment