Thursday 17 July 2014

Play with me

Play with me the children say
Teach me how to be real good
Show me how to do everything
Yes please let it be understood
Daddy come and laugh with me
Help me learn to be a good boy
Show me how to be strong and proud
Just like any active little boy should
Mummy please tickle me, kiss me too
Love me and play with me: show me
Just how much I mean to you
Please help me understand compassion
Make it grow as part of me here inside
I want to understand how life works
Guide me along this bumpy road
Pick me up when I stumble and fall
Play with me: that's how I learn
Guide my thoughts and feelings now
Help me all of life's ins and outs discern
Play is vital for our precious little ones
It is exactly how they learn
For what is play to all grown ups
Is the school of life from which they learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment