Thursday 10 July 2014

Face value

How can you tell about someone?
How can you see past their disguise?
What signs do you look for?
When you want to understand their sighs?
What is it that shines through those layers?
What magic is available to discern?
The truth of their situation?
The depth of their desires?
Is it possible to see inside their heart?
Is it possible to know someone from the start?

I only know that God is all-seeing!
I only recognise His designs!
I only want to be filled with His love!
I only want to be one of the few
Who care not what this world thinks!
It is what my Lord sees inside of me that matters
That is what I care about: not those humans
Who look down upon this visage?

In my heart I understand those longings
I know how I feel in this petty world
So: it is with a heart full of love
That I try to see inside another's soul
I am what you see here before you
There is nothing I care to hide
What you see is what you get
I have no need to go about in disguise
I am open to all who wish to know me
My heart is an open book
My soul I release with these words
If you want to question my reasoning?
It is right here: no hiding my purpose
I only want to share this joy bubbling inside
The joy of my loving Heavenly Father!
The joy of His love that escapes from inside
What a wonderful blessing to be able
To capture another's heart with His words
As they erupt in bountiful measure
As they reach out to touch another's soul
This my Lord is my pleasure: your words
I dutifully inscribe: guiding those
Who seek your blessed treasure
The better this life to love and understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment