Wednesday 30 July 2014

The television tower

Way back in the 1960's as kids
We lived out the back of Moorook
There were no indoor games worth playing
No computer games like there are now
There was only dirt outside to play in
Grass and weeds to roll in, trees to climb
We had to have a huge TV antenna
To pick up any signal to be found
As we watched those old programs
Those are sadly no longer around!
I loved to climb up anything I found
My favourite was my almond tree but
There was also that huge TV tower
I decided I could do it: I knew I could you know!
So I took up climbing that huge TV tower
Though I never did get right up to the top
I was so totally amazed and thrilled
That I almost got half way up to see
The whole area that was all around!
I felt so tiny: like an ant: as I looked down
To see those tiny little bits of our ground
I could see our neighbour's houses
I could see those beautiful almond trees
As I turned around and spied everything
That I could never see whilst on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment