Thursday 24 July 2014

The Giving tree by Shel Silverstein

My dear little grandson loves this book
"The Giving tree" by Shel Silverstein
Zac is three years old and already
He knows the words off by heart
When we sit upon his bed at night
He says to me "No Nana, I will read it!"
He looks at all the pictures there
He gets so very excited you see
As he reads those words to me
He reads those wonderful words out loud
He is very, very proud you see
That he can read this book to me
He reads the pictures because he can
Remember all of them one by one
Except for those pages with lots of words
Those he lets me read: too many big words
He once said to me as he tossed a book aside
Too much "Charlie and Lola" I guess
He copied everything he sees
My precious little boy: how I do love you!





No comments:

Post a Comment