Saturday 25 May 2013

34 years

Tomorrow will be our 34th 
Wedding anniversary: yes: 34 years of wedded ...
Bliss? I cannot tell a lie: it has not always been bliss
It has been oft-times: hit and miss: good times and bad
Happy and sad but always interesting
That's the thing: though we've had our ups and downs
The laughter and the frowns: through it all we've learnt
How to get along together: never say never!
We don't know how things will go but just so you know
I love you so much: I can't live without you!
I know sometimes I make you mad: just letting you know: you do the same!
There used to be this blame game: what a terrible shame to live like that
But now I understand how life goes: I understand how God works
We all have free will: we all have that choice: we are all to have a voice
Each must decide how this ride will go on and on: or not
If put on the spot: how would you vote?
Many years ago I realised it was up to me: I had the choice
I chose to live with you: to marry you: for better or for worse 
I was not coerced, was not forced! It's a matter of course
You get what you put into the pot: you are what you eat
You are the sum of your fears: you can't make a silk purse 
Out of a sow's ear but you can nurture and nourish
You can do things with a flourish or you can just wither and die!
I will not lie: God gives to those who ask in faith!
Finally I have faith: to believe in myself
As long as God is with me: I will not be afraid
For who shall stand against me: with Him by my side!






No comments:

Post a Comment