Tuesday 14 May 2013

Juke-Box Saturday Night

Had a wonderful Mother's day in Berri
Spent some lovely time with my family
I thank the dear Lord we were together
Because you know life doesn't last forever!
There was a show on the telly that day
Called Juke-Box Saturday Night
There were 5 hours of music for our mums
So many old classics that made me smile
Took me back for many years and
I'll tell you why: though the music clips
Were old and in bad nick
Those old songs were just the trick
Took me right on back so many years 
Had me reliving all my teens
Had me singing along to those old tunes
Had me tapping my feet and bopping away
Yes that's how I spent that lovely Mother's Day!
My mum likes to listen to her music!
My mum is getting tired: she's not been very well
I guess that happens when you're 75
I suppose I'm in some kind of hell
I want her around for many more years
But what if something happens?
What if she doesn't make it through this time?
Her heart is getting  weaker
It's not her lungs that hold her back!
Dear Lord I know I cannot keep her
For ever: like I really want to: I'll tell you!
But dearest Lord please grant my prayers
And let me keep her just for a few more years!
I want to be able to picture us
Next Mother's day in Berri
Listening to those songs again in 2014
I want to have made some new memories
I want to have some photographs
Of my mum holding her new 
Great grand-daughter in September 2013
When our newest family member is due to arrive! 
Yes please Lord: if it be Thy will?
Please let us have just a few more years!



No comments:

Post a Comment