Thursday 9 May 2013

Top 40 singles 1975

I found a book of song words: written down by my teenage self
From Tuesday 20th May 1975: I must have been about 18 years old 
1. January by Pilot (Loved that song!)
2. Girls on the Avenue by Richard Clapton
3. Lovin' you by Minnie Ripperton
4. Down Down by Status Quo
5. Ego by Skyhooks
6. Have you ever been mellow? by ONJ
7. Morning side of the Mountain by Donny and Marie
8. My eyes adored you by Frankie Valli
9. We may never love like this again by Maureen McGovern
10. Summer Love by Sherbet
11. Blue Chevrolet Ballerina by Ross Ryan
12. Another somebody done somebody wrong song by BJ Thomas
13. Black Water by Doobie brothers
14. Get Dancin' by Discotex
15. Mandy by Barry Manilow
16. Pick up the pieces by Average White Band
17. Fox on the Run by The Sweet
18. Cheri Baby by Hot Chocolate
19. How can I tell you that I love you by Debbie Byrne
20. The young Americans by David Bowie
21. My Boy by Elvis Presley
22. Make me smile by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel
23. Up in a puff of smoke by Polly Brown
24. How Long by Ace
25. Horror Movie by Skyhooks
26. Lady by Styx
27. Philadelphia Freedom by Elton John Band
28. Harmony Blues by Moir Sisters
29. Mrs Grace by The Tymes
30. Rollin' on down the highway by Bachman Turner Overdrive
31. Best Of my Love by The Eagles
32. Lonely People by America
33. Jackie Blue by Ozark Mountain Daredevils
34. Hijack by Herbie Mann
35. I wanna learn a love song by Harry Chapin
36. Baby Please don't go by AC/DC
37. L.O.V.E. by Al Green
38. Reach out I'll be there by Gloria Gaynor
39. Love is like a cloudy day by Doug Parkinson
40. The secrets you keep by ????

Wow what a heap of memories: written on that list
All those beautiful songs that I have missed
I loved listening to Pilot and Frankie Valli
Loved the Four Seasons and their songs
It seems like a lifetime ago: I guess it really was
When I was so much younger than today
But I still remember those songs just like it was yesterday!







No comments:

Post a Comment