Thursday 16 May 2013

Dear Thea

Dear Thea: my friend from years ago

I am so sorry for being such dill!
I am so sorry for being so silly and naïve
For stuffing up our friendship
For not realizing how true a friend you were
I was just a silly teenager at nineteen
So full of my own troubles
I didn’t understand how much
A good friendship could mean!
I went off and got married
I didn’t even send you an invite
I must have been out of my head
Dear Thea: I invited the new girl
When I should have taken you along instead!
I know I made so many silly mistakes
When I was young and oh so stupid
Please forgive me for being
Such an ignorant young woman
I had no idea how to make friends
And keep them as I’d never had that many
Never had the gift of the gab
Never had the knack; was just so brainless
I guess I was suffering for my shame
I never felt good enough for anyone to love me
I always took the blame when things fizzled
I just assumed that it was me
I was never good enough: you see!
Even when I was just trying to be me!




No comments:

Post a Comment