Saturday 25 May 2013

Wedding day jitters

34 years ago I was getting ready
To go to the church to get married
34 years ago I was very nervous
I must admit I was a little bit scared
Mum and dad were there with me
Debbie was helping me to get ready
Alec was to drive one of the cars
Blue was my favourite colour 
So we were all colour coordinated
I had a royal blue ribbon tied
Around those beautiful flowers
I had my precious Magyar grandmother's
Embroidered shawl she made for me
Something old, something new
Something borrowed; something blue!
It was all organised: all ready to go
We were standing outside the house
At 45 Jenkins Avenue 
In Rostrevor, Adelaide.
Taking a photograph just before 
We headed off to the church!
Suddenly: a car of hooligans 
Drove past: yelling and screaming
Someone threw a pomegranate at me
I thank God it missed!
I just couldn't believe that people 
Could be so awful: to try to ruin 
My special day; without a second thought!

(Pomegranates are for fertility)

No comments:

Post a Comment