Monday 13 May 2013

Goodnight Gumby

My brother lives out back of my parent's home
He has his own little bed-sit
He takes care of mum and dad and
They take care of him!
He takes mum and dad to the doctors
He takes them shopping
All the usual stuff!
He loves it when we visit
He has heaps of fun but
His back is always a pain
His back pain makes him a pain
He is a grumpy gruncle
(A great uncle to my kids and grand-kids!)
He loves to play with my grandsons
He loves it when they interact
It must make his life better: that's a fact!
The other night he was stirring
Teasing my two year old 
Little grandson: calling him Gumby
Having a little fun at his expense
Zecarias says his words very nicely now
But he was mumbling
Just a few short months ago
Then: he said gumby instead of jumping
My brother was teasing him
But of course he didn't understand

He is only two years old!
We were all smiling; we were all giggling
When Zecarias was going off to bed
Uncle Alec said "Goodnight Gumby!"
Little Zac said "Goodnight Gumby"
Right back at him: yes it was so cute!
He kept repeating "Goodnight Gumby!"
All the way to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment