Thursday 16 May 2013

Jack-knifed

You have to have your wits about you 
You have to be so careful as you drive
You have to take notice of everything
If you want to stay alive!
Following along behind another car
Just keeping all in control
I was surprised by a bit of commotion
As the big truck ahead took off
It was jack-knifing off the highway
It was ploughing through a fence
Dust was flying up into the sky there
Like a plume of toxic smoke
The truck finally came to a standstill
And the dust settled all around
My heart was beating like crazy
As I took stock and looked around
I'd tried so hard to miss that car
Pulled my steering wheel to the right
But something; someone also grabbed it
And stopped me from taking us out
Onto the other side of that busy highway
Kept us safe from harm!
Thank you dear Lord for saving us all!
Whenever I drive: no matter how far
I always take my Lord with me
I always pray for His protection
As I set off onto those dangerous roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment