Sunday 26 May 2013

Ode to Donny Osmond

I remember when I was young
Singing along to my teeny-bopper love
He was so cute when we were twelve
I dreamt he was my love
I thought his songs were my world!
As I grew up a little bit
I watched him grow up too
I saw him join with The Osmonds
Their family band just like
Michael Jackson and his family
I sang along to "Puppy Love"
I sang along to "Twelfth of Never"
These were the lyrics that
Touched my pre-teen soul
I remember watching his videos
I remember watching 
The Donny and Marie Show
I just couldn't get enough 
I loved to idolise him and his brothers
I knew all their names and dreamed
Of falling in love and marrying him
Yes! Donny Osmond was my teen idol!

I watched a lot of Disney movies with our kids
I remember Mulan was popular
I never expected to hear Donny singing
His family disappeared years ago
He still had his great voice
It seemed unfair to hear how
He'd been pushed aside
Nobody wanted to hear him sing
But I'm so glad he had another chance
Because he was my teen idol 
From all those years ago!






No comments:

Post a Comment