Sunday 19 May 2013

Flying egg-flipper

Sometimes he makes me so angry
I just want to lash out at him
He just can't seem to stop 
Smoking those bloody cigarettes
I'm sick of him sneaking off to buy them
He goes behind my back!
It reminds of many years ago
When I was so much younger 
And so much more volatile!
I can't recall what upset me then but
I do remember that flying egg-flipper
I threw it at him from across the kitchen
 I got him on the eye-brow!
Thank God it was made of plastic
It broke the skin and made him bleed!
I was so sorry then that I'd thrown it!
But now I guess It makes me think:
Words are thrown across at each other
They draw blood too!
Maybe not in a physical sense!
Words cause scars of another kind
Underneath it all they still linger
Just like my memories of that egg-flipper
Flying through the air: right on target!


No comments:

Post a Comment