Tuesday 14 May 2013

The glow within

If we are to judge each day
By the seeds we sow and 
Not by the harvest we reap
How wonderful it will be
When Jesus comes to take us home?
If we are to do small things
With great love: how much more 
Will Jesus love us when He comes?
If we stand tall as we bend
To lift another up: how much more 
Will Jesus lift us up into heaven?
If service is the rent we pay
For living our lives here on earth
How much more beautiful 
To let our actions let others
See into our very hearts!
If the secret of life is making
Stepping stones out of
Our stumbling blocks
How much more can we do for others
When we do all to the glory of God!
Whatever our tasks 
If we work at each task heartily?
From our very soul:
How much more shall we enjoy it?
If we do it for our dearest Lord!
If we act like we make a difference
We will make a difference!
Let us all glow from within!
Let us all grow in our Lord's love

Let us all sow those precious seeds
To bring in a bountiful harvest
When our dear Lord comes again!


1 comment:

  1. I used to worry that I wasn't doing enough to help in God's work: I was letting myself run down an din this way was making it too difficult for myself! I cannot do the job for another they must do it for themselves! All I can do is cast the seeds and the rest is up to God and His holy angels and the other person has the choice to do what is right! I am but a seed: God provides the sunshine and the rains to make it grow!

    ReplyDelete