Wednesday 10 July 2013

All Grown up

Today I took my son shopping
We found some nice jackets for him
He looked so grown up in them
It nearly made me cry for my son
(I guess I have to let him go now)
He's my grown up son @ 18
He wants to move out of home
He wants to start off; leaving me 
With Empty Nest Syndrome!
I thank God for my gorgeous son
I've had the best of his youthful years
Now it's time for all those tears
But I will not cry: do you know why?
Those first 16 years are all we are given
Then we have to let go: let them loose!
We must be happy to watch him go
I guess it's time to let go those reins
Allow him to move on & find his own way
A whole new life awaits my son
But I know he will not be gone long
He will call us up & chat a while
He will visit & thank us: his family
For loving him & giving him
Everything we had to offer!
As I imagine him living alone
I will send my prayers to him
I will give him up into God's hands
Where I know he will be cared for
He was my precious gift from God
Now I give him back into Jesus' hands
I know he will be safe there
For has not God declared unto us all
All we have to do is pray & believe
That our prayers will be answered!
Thank you Lord for loving my son
Thank you for your wonderful promises
I know that Jesus will take care of him
Set His angels about him; keep him safe!
As I know that Jesus will come again
So I know that Jesus will protect him too!
Lord I await your soon coming
The whole world awaits your coming
Jesus promised to return for us
To take us all home with him


No comments:

Post a Comment