Sunday 28 July 2013

Auntie Susie's lament

My auntie Susie came for a visit
Many long years ago she came
My dad & his brother & sister
Paid for her year long trip
They hadn't seen her for years
She looked just like my auntie Roza
And like Auntie Margit who also came
I'd never met her before as she lived
So far away in Hungary: my parent's homeland!
My dad gave her some Australian dollars
She forgot that her money was in her pocket
She was so upset because she thought
The money would disintegrate
Going through the whole wash cycle
She was in a panic: tears poured from her eyes
She was lamenting the loss of her valued present
Thank God our money is tougher than that
It survived the washing: it was fine!
That $20 note was all right and
Auntie Susie was smiling again!



No comments:

Post a Comment