Saturday 27 July 2013

The Royal Adelaide Show

I remember listening in: to other kids at school
They all went to the Royal Adelaide Show
Every September: without fail: like finding
The Holy Grail: I just wished my parents
Would take us there one day but
We never did end up going to the city
I felt like that was always such a pity!
Finally I went with my boyfriend
When I was 18 years old: at last!
I got to go to the Royal Adelaide Show!
I still remember the excitement
As we bought our tickets & went in
The noise was so loud: such a large crowd
Thousands of people walking around
Eating the food; going on the rides
Winning prizes: screaming out loud!
So many people: so much noise
So much fun to be had: show bags!
Never even knew they existed until then!
Wow! What a big difference 
To the country shows: that's all I'd ever seen!
I still remember buying a Mexican hat
The flowers were brightly coloured
Pink, yellow, orange & blue
I loved it from the start: had it for many years!
Probably the same as many other people too!




No comments:

Post a Comment