Sunday 7 July 2013

Fox trap

Heard a weird noise outside
Opened up that door to have a look
Walked around the house & found
A fox caught in a trap: it's foot broken
That rabbit trap was caught on fast
Poor old fox would never last
It was hiding underneath the trailer
Desperate to escape at any cost
It snapped at me as I tried to help
Dear Lord it was beyond my scope
How could I ever set it free?
Without it really hurting me?
There was nothing I could really do
Though I brought some water
Tried to coax it to drink
But that poor thing was hurting bad
Didn't understand I was there to help
The closer I got the more it yelped
I'm sorry poor fox: I cannot aid you
You won't let me get near enough
I'm sorry fox: your teeth are sharp
I cannot risk my hand so near
You'll bite my hand for sure my dear
I had to get up & walk away
Praying that that fox would get away!


No comments:

Post a Comment