Friday 5 July 2013

Ode to Johnny Depp

Hey Johnnie I love you 
The fact is: you are so handsome
That cannot be denied but
What impresses me most?
Is that you are just like the rest of us:
Human: 
You have your fears: clowns
You have your joys: your children
You shed your tears: I'm sorry about your marriage breakdown
You work so hard: acting
To do your best: you seem to pass every test
Though you are imperfect: just like the rest of us!
You are such a fantastic actor
I love the way you are so versatile
You are so different in your acting
Your characters are so honest
I love your weirdness: 
Working with Tim Burton in many films
Both funny and sad: but I am glad
That you exist in this world of ours
You are able to make our lives 
So much more complete!
Thank you for taking up acting!
Thank you for doing those films
That actually say something
About this world: instead of
Just making them to make big bucks!  
Loved you in Pirates of the Caribbean
Captain Jack Sparrow
What a cool character to play?
You first appeared in 21 Jump Street
That was way back in 1984
Wow! That was quite a few years ago
Nightmare on Elm Street
I must admit: I haven’t seen it!
Platoon: Ditto to that!
Maybe I’ve watched some bits
It’s difficult to say: being a parent means
You sometimes miss a heap of stuff!
(Bringing up kids is way more important!)

No comments:

Post a Comment